Thank you for your interest in my birth doula services!
What is a birth doula? A doula is someone who is professionally trained and experienced in childbirth and provides continuous physical, emotional, spiritual, and informational support to the mother before, during, and just after birth.
Proven Benefits of a Doula
- Decreased medical intervention in labor
- Reduces need for cesarean by 50%
- Reduces the need for forceps and other assisted deliveries by 40%
- Reduces the requests of pain medication like epidurals by 60%
- Reduces dissatisfaction with birth by 33%
- Reduces length of labor by 25%
6 weeks after birth, mothers who had doulas were:
- Less anxious and depressed; fewer cases of postpartum depression
- Had more confidence with baby
- Increased confidence and participation by the partner
- More likely to be breastfeeding